As Summer is just around the corner, Summer fruits printables are here!
Strawberries are so fresh, juicy and sweet!
You can eat them alone (which are delicious!), add them on salads, yogurt, sandwiches, etc.!
Here is an easy snack recipe of PB&S Sandwich!
Peanut Butter & Strawberry Sandwich:
- 4-6 Strawberries washed
- Peanut Butter
- 2 slices of whole Grain Bread
- Cut strawberries in thin slices.
- Spread peanut butter onto one slice of bread.
- Top it with the strawberry slices.
- Place the other slice of bread on top of strawberries. Enjoy!
Tips & more:
– Replacing Jam with Fruits like Strawberries improves our nutrition and health by reducing the intake of high amounts of sugar in jams and eating more fiber and nutrients like Vitamin C and Manganese present in strawberries.
– Peanut butter has “good” fats – mono and polyunsaturated fats – and protein that can contribute to our diet. When buying, look for “natural” peanut butters as they don’t have unhealthy saturated fats like palm oil, hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils in it. Companies usually add these fats for the convenience of “no-stir” by avoiding oil separation. Also, check if peanut butters have sugar added or too much salt. The ingredient list should be peanuts (and salt).